Leidos is seeking an Innovation Engineer - SME with a TS/SCI polygraph to work on an intelligence community IT contract in the Reston/Herndon/Chantilly, VA areas. The Innovation Engineer -SME is responsible for providing technical leadership and for delivering an innovative product, service or, at higher levels, a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem. Duties may include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines for Software and System Engineering solutions and Network solutions from past experience. The candidate will provide comprehensive leadership, systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services and will work closely with the partner Architects on the program.
- Provides technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
- Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Drive innovative solutions across the customer enterprise
- Lead and coordinates efforts with other Solution Architects of various Task Orders
- Communicate and interface with customer and Leidos Program Management, Technical leads and Subject Matter Experts to provide Program status and to jointly present, lead, and work program issues, and technical solutions.
- Ensure that assessment of new performance work requests include all stakeholders, are properly sized, and submitted on time to the customer per the required contractual delivery date.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field
- Communicates with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires BA+17 years of experience or a Masters +15 years of experience or Doctorate + 13 years of experience.
- Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at the highest levels
- Demonstrated experience identifying, developing, and implementing engineering change solutions and new technology and solutions on a large enterprise national scale
- Project management experience for large enterprise level projects and proposals to include labor and workload estimation up to $500M
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of a project lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.