Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
Our Advanced Analytics branch of the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for you, our next Full Stack Software Engineer to work in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping grow our LInC Advanced Analytics portfolio of contract and internal R&D projects. Broad focus will extend across the development of systems to include backend and frontend software engineering tasks.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Provide software engineering support to portfolio projects ranging from internal and contract R&D to advanced system development across the Leidos enterprise.
• Develop visually appealing front end website architectures, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
• Design user interactions on web pages.
• Develop and design RESTful services and APIs.
• Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Strategize organizational direction on emerging technology platforms and communicate the effectiveness to executive stakeholders.
• Stay current and provide insight on cutting edge software approaches, architectures, and vendors.
• Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
• Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline with at least 8 years of applicable experience
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a current Top Secret security clearance with polygraph
• Strong knowledge of React and a working knowledge of Elasticsearch
• Experience working with languages such as Java and Python
• Experience in API Design and development
• Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms
• Experience with cloud based architectures and container orchestration
• Collaboration experience with information analytics research teams
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience extending prototypes to production
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.