Leidos is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer SME with TS/SCI polygraphs to provide cradle to grave support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Chantilly/Herndon VA, areas. The selected candidate will be supporting the Global Desktop Division and will be responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. The Systems Engineer will evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. The candidates duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Provides technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
- Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Requires ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 19+ years of experience or a Masters and 15+ years of experience or Doctorate with 13 years experience.
- Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- SecDevOps Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) AWS Essentials AWS Cloud Experience Agile SAFe Agile Azure Fundamentals COMPTIA Certs (A+, N+, Sec+) MS Powershell I & II 2016 MS Sharepoint Server 2007 MS Windows Server 2008 MS Exchange Enterprise IBM Lotus Notes/Domino SQL VDI Enterprise Sharepoint Sharepoint Splunk Tableau
- JIRA ElasticSearch Primavera Git MS Access Selenium
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.