We are seeking a Solutions Architect to develop cyber focused solutions in support of programs and proposals in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Enforcement and Public Safety Solutions organization with a focus on cyber security needs. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive security solutions ranging from IT infrastructure, applications, system architecture, to full enterprise services, from program management activities, agency-wide operational support, performance services, to delivery support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology, IT delivery services, and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
• Lead and develop innovative solutions in support of major capture and proposal efforts; balance solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
• Create white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating technical thought leadership in response to customer needs.
• Support capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
• Assist in the development of the integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the Homeland Security market.
• Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving technical performance on existing programs as required.
• Conduct pre-sales engineering activities to interact with clients in combination with the market Business Development and Operations teams; provide consultancy to customers representing Leidos’ technical expertise and capabilities.
• Support BD and Capture teams to identify, quality, and pursue opportunities.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in technical fields with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree in technical field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
• Lead Solutions Architect on medium or large size ($500+M) business captures and proposals.
• Experience and/or expertise in Information Assurance or Cyber Security and at least three of the following areas: Networking, System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, IT Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, ITIL Framework (v4 preferred), Agile Development, and IT Service Delivery.
• Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently.
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
• Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals.
• Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals.
• Experience in conducting trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects.
• Experience in customer engagements.
• An active Top Secret security clearance
• CISSP Certification is strongly desired
• CCSP, CRTSA, CNDA, or GDSA Certification
• Experience with DHS or DoD Government contracts and customers
• DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2
• Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data, preferably for enterprise data center, cloud or Hybrid environments
• Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment
• Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
• Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
• Experience with programming
• Experience with various security tools
• Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
• Experience working in a multi-server environment
• Experience with Microsoft SCCM
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
• Experience with SIEM, log analysis, vulnerability analysis, and some scripting experience.
• Team leadership experience
• Publications, Presentations, and Speaking engagements on the topics of Cybersecurity
• Experience working with senior government leaders
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.