We are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support programs and proposals in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate shall perform (or review) technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Will validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Will design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Support the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Will assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Will review security certification and accreditation (C&A).
• Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
• Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
• Interact with the customer and other project team members
• Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
• Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
• Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
•A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Assurance, or a related technical field and 15+ years of experience OR Master's and 12+ years of experience. Significant hands-on work in the area of cyber information security (such as may be obtained via the military or government) may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Demonstrated work experience in cyber security or related IT field
• Demonstrated experience with cyber penetration testing
• Demonstrated experience applying computer attack methods and system exploitation techniques
• Demonstrated working knowledge of cyber security principles for Linux, Windows and virtual platforms
• Demonstrated experience designing, testing, or implementing IT security architecture in data center, cloud, and hybrid environments
• Demonstrated experience performing network security analysis
• Demonstrated experience analyzing network architectures
• Demonstrated experience creating cyber security test plans
• Demonstrated experience leveraging adversarial tactics to conduct hands-on security testing
• Demonstrated experience developing risk management methodologies
• Demonstrated experience analyzing test results to develop risk/threat mitigation plans
• An active Top Secret security clearance is required for consideration.
• CISSP Certification (or similar) is strongly desired
• CEH, LPT, CRISC, CISM, or CCSP
• Experience with DHS or DoD Government contracts and customers
• DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2
• Team leadership experience
• Publications, Presentations, and Speaking engagements on the topics of Cybersecurity
• Experience working with senior government leaders
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.