Leidos currently has an opening for an Engineer to work in the Washington DC area. This is an exciting opportunity to provide engineering and facility support helping the customer in its mission of national security. In this assignment we provide technical, analytical, management and support services to augment the customer’s vital mission.
- You will provide professional engineering advice and service in connection with the client’s facilities operations and maintenance, including design, planning, specifications, and operation of electrical and mechanical equipment, HVAC systems design and operation, as well as structural and architectural considerations in the client’s facilities.
- You will support the operation of the Facilities Division and provide guidance and recommendations to the Facilities Division Director regarding engineering and facilities issues and challenges including space management, building renovation, and new Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) design and construction oversight.
- You will serve as an engineering advisor and analyst to the Facility Division Director and as a facilities contractor team leader, providing facilities engineering advice, analysis, and assistance on a range of subjects including space expansion or renovation, security, building safety, fire protection, telephone management, property accountability, and emergency planning. The position supports activities for facility management, space management, and other activities as assigned by the Facilities’ Division Director. May perform other related supporting duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited university or college in mechanical or electrical engineering with 8 years of experience.
- Possess professional knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the full range of engineering duties related to the design and layout of mechanical systems and equipment for industrial offices and buildings.
- Familiarity with related engineering fields, including electrical and structural is needed.
- Ability to monitor the mechanical engineering aspects of construction projects from a professional engineering perspective is desired, as well as a working knowledge of the technical specifications for construction and management of SCIFs.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the planning, development, implementation, and execution of facility space management initiatives within the client’s facility, including the ability to translate space initiatives and tenant requirements into a coherent, cohesive, and effective design consistent with administrative policies, technical standards, security concerns, and business strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with management and staff to present, defend, negotiate and clarify programs, decisions and recommendations.
- Skill in writing clear, organized, succinct reports, analyses, and recommendations.
- Ability to make clear and convincing presentations and arguments concerning complex engineering and facilities issues, and to advocate, defend, negotiate, and fully justify positions and recommendations.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and discretion in dealing with highly confidential, sensitive, or controversial issues.
- Incumbent must be a U.S. citizen and possess/qualify for both a DOE “Q” and Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearances.
- This work may be in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) facility without windows.
- The work is primarily performed in an office-like setting involving everyday risks, with occasional work in mechanical and industrial areas of slightly higher risk.
- The primary areas are adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Structural Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.