Leidos is seeking a material control professional to work at a customer site in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for the efficient management of material associated with low-rate production and R&D projects. This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance.
- receive all material delivered to the project work site,
- organize and maintain the project receiving area and stockroom, and propose and implement solutions for efficient material storage and movement,
- manage and track the movement of material in and out of the project stock room (inventory) and maintain inventory records,
- kit parts from inventory to support work orders,
- coordinate with shippers and carriers to setup shipments and support packaging of equipment for shipping, prepare shipping paperwork and maintain shipping records,
- coordinate with vendors/suppliers for local deliveries, resolve missing items or wrong parts, coordinate return of material to supplier for rework following quality rejections.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be capable of establishing and following efficient processes for shipping/receiving and material/inventory management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to routinely lift and carry boxes and packages up to 50 pounds
- Experience working in production and/or warehouse setting
- Experience working in Navy or other DoD setting
- Familiarity with material resource planning (MRP) tools and processes
- Familiarity with DD1149 forms and processes
- Experience operating a forklift
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control