Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Web Content Developer, contingent upon contract award, supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in Bethesda, MD.
As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to see to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data.
Qualifications the candidate must have:
- BS or MS in CS or a related field (or equivalent experience);
- Five years or more of experience of developing websites with HTML/CSS language;
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing and testing of informative content based website;
- Strong experience with Jekyll;
- Familiarity with source control, defect tracking, debugging etc.;
- Ability to take full responsibility of the front end stack;
- Be able to quickly translate designs into working prototypes using Sketch and InVision;
- Familiarity with U.S. Web Design System and web analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
The candidate should possess the following skills:
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Jekyll and Git/GitHub code repository
- Experience or understanding of AWS is a plus
- Eight years of web development experience preferred
- UX/UI experience is a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (as well as three years consecutive residency in the US) with the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.