Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior PostgreSQL DBA to provide database development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open-source server-side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products accessing an AWS RDS/PostgreSQL database. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Database and Infrastructure Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop and administer the DCPS database architecture.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and Database/Schema as Code tools and approaches.
- Strong SQL for database query and data updates in Production
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Experience analyzing and tuning queries to improve query performance.
- Hands-on experience with scripting to automate database changes/baselines including bash, pgplsql, or groovy (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of PosgtreSQL and configuration within AWS RDS.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collaborate effectively with customers and other team members.
- Experience with large enterprise solutions including but not limited to high availability, disaster recovery, and data management.
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo).
- Experience with transforming data from Legacy databases into archival data stores.
- Experience developing databases with an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD tools and scripting.
- Experience with Liquibase and LiquiGen plug-in.
- Experience with Replication and Change Data Capture (CDC) techniques and tools.
- Experience with data conversion and management strategies
- Experience with database partitioning and micro-services
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with RedHat Linux and Windows 10.
- Experience with source code versioning with Git, Bitbucket, or other source control tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and to pay attention to detail.
Day to Day Duties
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS RDS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to developers and testers.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standards, policies and procedures of the DBA team.
- Collaborate with other DBAs and Infrastructure team members to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support for deployments and database infrastructure maintenance during non-peak hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred with 10 years with advanced IT experience or professional IT certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.