Looking for work life balance? The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for you, our next FPGA Design and Test Engineer to work in our Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego, CA to help us develop and produce advanced nuclear detection, radiography equipment, chemical and biological sensing instruments and satellite based sensors. VERY cool right! Emphasis is on research and development with activities ranging from support of early scientific research to transitioning products to production.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Design, develop, integrate, and test end-to-end FPGA designs for federal government customers.
- Develop and execute FPGA test plans, perform data analysis, and write technical reports.
- Collaborate in scientific research, engineering product development, and test activities.
- Work independently and use judgement to perform engineering task with uncertain and evolving requirements.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
This is you:
- BS with 2+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 0+ years of relevant experience as an FPGA engineer in an R&D environment or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience working with Xilinx parts and Vivado design tools including synthesis, implementation and timing closer
- Working knowledge of the VHDL and Verilog language
- Experience bench testing and debugging FPGA designs
- Experience working with cross functional R&D development teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and an entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities.
- 5-15% travel to customer sites as required
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these:
- Demonstrated leadership of small projects
- Working knowledge of the System Verilog language
- Experience with Microsemi parts and Libero design tool
- Experience with RivieraPro simulation tool
- Experience with FPGA designs incorporating 1GbE or greater Ethernet communications
- An active Secret Security Clearance or higher
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.