Technical Solution Sales Engineer – Electric Utility Spatial Analytics
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Opportunity to lead, grow, and inspire a dynamic team
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to:
- Participate in strategic development of solutions
- Contribute to an expanding portfolio of business
- Partner with leading utilities across the nation
Leidos fuses technological excellence with decades of operational and management consulting expertise, providing utilities with solutions delivering tangible and meaningful business results. Our expertise in each facet of utility operations is strengthened not only by the skill and experience of our staff, but also by the breadth of our collective capabilities. This perspective drives our experts to frame technological solutions within the business context and incorporate and leverage advanced technologies to meet utilities' challenges and unlock opportunity.
Leidos is currently seeking an experienced individual to provide geospatial solution development and sales support as part of our Utility Spatial Analytics team. Preferred locations include Orlando, New Orleans, Washington DC, Boston, Nashville and Denver.
Location may be flexible depending on the individual candidates identified. Successful candidates will be part of a team that provides spatial analytic solutions to electric utilities throughout the U.S.
A successful candidate will have experience in the electric utility industry and in the development, sale, and/or implementation of technology-forward geospatial solutions that lead to improved electric utility business operations. Extensive travel will be required once client travel restrictions are no longer in place. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, articulate, personable, and able to perform with limited direct supervision.
Representative services and activities in which successful candidates may be engaged include:
- Engage existing and potential clients in review of technology-forward geospatial solutions and value propositions.
- Present Leidos technical capabilities and provide expert insights to support the sale of utility spatial analytics solutions.
- Translate critical customer needs to technology solutions.
- Develop next-generation geospatial solutions utilizing advanced sensing technologies combined with AI / ML enhancing environmental and asset awareness.
- Direct interaction with clients at a high management level, including interpersonal interaction and presentation of information and analyses.
- Work with Leidos technical staff to refine utility spatial analytics solutions, pricing and scope.
- Partner with Leidos Commercial Energy business development staff to create a utility spatial analytics sales pipeline and drive opportunities to closure of complex sales opportunities.
- Monitor ongoing utility spatial analytics programs for effectiveness and client satisfaction and provide input to technical teams.
- Develop key client plans for the continuation of program development and expansion.
- Bachelors degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters and 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Relevant experience includes demonstrated experience in crafting and selling solutions that utilize data analytics, spatial analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Over 5 years experience in, and understanding of, the use of spatial analytics in electric utility operations including: GIS, LIDAR, satellites, and other remote sensing technologies.
- Demonstrated success marketing and selling complex solutions over a long sales cycle
- Highly motivated individual with experience articulating value propositions of technically advanced solutions to current and potential clients.
- Understanding of industry issues and trends and demonstrated ability to explain and assess how those issues impact industry participants.
- Baccalaureate in engineering, computer science, finance, economics or a related field from an accredited university.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to varied audiences.
- Ability to travel extensively and work overtime hours as needed.
- Ability and desire to network extensively in marketplace and within organizations.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.