Leidos Corporate Group has a career opportunity for Data Center Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join our Hosting Services Team. This is a remote position that may require travel to Orlando – FL, Dallas – TX, DC-Metro area, or other Leidos locations to attend meetings or perform work in the Data Centers. The Data Center Infrastructure Systems Engineer will perform a variety of assignments associated with Storage, Computer Hardware, virtualization software (VMWare) and Public Cloud (AWS and Azure).
- Think strategically to assist Architecture team in developing multi-year Roadmaps for hardware and storage solutions.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning
- Explore new technologies, and making recommendations for their introduction into the enterprise infrastructure environment
- Provide Tier 3 problem resolution including root cause analysis as requested by Systems Administration team.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies, ITIL and Sarbanes Oxley 404.
- Functions as the technical lead for all design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small-to medium-scale projects.
- Work in a Scaled Agile Framework and participate in Agile Team events, including providing leadership and performing Product Owner duties as required.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies that affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provides guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 8+years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with IT systems such as Storage, Computer Hardware, virtualization software (VMWare) and / or Public Cloud (AWS and Azure), and is expected to already have in-depth specialized knowledge of specific IT systems engineering processes and practices
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of staff and management
- Experience with server management utilities, such as HP OneView, Dell Openmanage Enterprise and Dell OMIVV
- HP Blades / HP C7000 series experience and/or HPe Synergy, HP Virtual Connect, Dell MX and FX2
- Storage administration experience, including SAN and SAN based Arrays, Network-based Storage utilizing CIFS/NFS and Object Storage, VMWare VSAN, Modern Backup Tools and Strategies
- Should have VMWare enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience include: Distributed virtual switch and VMWare VSAN
- Experience with other Enterprise suite products such as vRealize Operations manager, vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Network Insight, vRealize Automation 7.x, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN for hyper-converged platforms.
- Experience planning and leading VMware migrations.
- Experience with the following network tools: VMware NSX, Cisco and Arista Networking
- VMWare Automation tools experience, such as PowerCLI and vRealize Automation
- Experience with scripting language such as Python or BASH
- Experience with the following SAN/ Storage tools: Cisco MDS 9000 Series, NetApp, OnTap Select, Isilon, HP 3PAR, EMC Storage (CLARiiON, VNX, VMAX)
- Experience with VMware VSphere Enterprise 6.x +, VMware vRealize Automation 7.x, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN for hyper-converged platforms, VMWare on Cloud
- Experience with Cisco UCS, HP DL Series, Dell RX Series
- AWS and/or Azure Design and/or Operations experience
- Experience with NetBackup, MS Windows 2016 / 2019, Red Hat Linux 7/8 experience
- Worked in an ITIL environment
- Formal system engineering process/educational experience also desired, such as INCOSE and COBIT models
- Ability to estimate level of effort and budgets
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, develop relationships, and obtain consensus among interested parties
- Ability to develop peer networks across an enterprise to maintain technology awareness and to support resolution of problems.
- Ability to lead architectural design discussions, and carry those designs through deployment and into operations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.