Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Web Content Specialist, contingent upon contract award, to support a project at the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The position will be located in the Bethesda, Maryland vicinity.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast-paced environment supporting the HRSA mission to solve unique and challenging problems. The Web Content Specialist will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with HRSA staff to manage the entry and release of content to various HRSA websites. Individual must be a motivated, driven team player who interacts well with others, and a good communicator.
BS degree and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 3 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, existing active HHS/NIH public trust clearance is a plus
- 3+ year experience writing and management web content using HTML, Drupal 8, WordPress, or other PHP based content management systems
- Experience in SEO tools and techniques
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Experience collaborating with both technical and business users, including provide a high level of customer service
- Experience in designing web site navigation, including creating and presenting wireframe design artifacts
- Experience using a style guide and producing a compatible content layout
- Experience supporting and maintaining websites that are Section 508 compliant
- Ability to work independently and proactively to achieve team and individual objectives
- Flexible and adaptive, with the ability to quickly change course and use multiple technologies to achieve required outcomes
- Strong attention to detail
- Performing and supporting content updates of web content on public-facing websites based on new programmatic activities, enhancements to existing web content, and creation of new web content
- Providing collaborative support for monitoring and day-to-day management of web content
- Providing content-related site improvements and supporting functionality-related site improvements based on content quality audit findings, metrics, user feedback, stakeholder input, and requests
- Ensuring that content meets HRSA standards for content development and publishing, such as internal approvals, 508 compliance, plain language review, taxonomic tagging, and search engine optimization; Assist in peer reviews, Section 508 compliance of web content
- Supporting and facilitating content governance, change management, and other guidance
- Prepare communications and deliver presentations on recommendations for content enhancements or alternatives
- Analyze and refine requirements related to website content, and collaborate with the customer in a fast-paced environment
- Able to serve as a functional expert of website
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Experience providing content on Federal Health websites
- Experience with source control management practices and systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in marketing
- Experience in digital strategy
Requires US citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with 3 years consecutive residency in the US with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.