Would you like to work where you can make a difference helping home owners, home buyers and the lending industry while expanding your knowledge of FHA mortgage policies and procedures?
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits -
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, and 401K
- The potential to Work at Home during COVID-19 and possibly beyond, based on your performance
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Employee Discounts
Leidos is currently seeking a Part Time Mortgage Origination Specialist to support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
- Work in a Call Center responding to calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines.
- Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
- Document your communications in our database.
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
- 3 years of mortgage experience with at least 2 years of college or 5 years of mortgage experience with a high school diploma.
- At least one year of experience in loan origination.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Ability to navigate a computer content management system and related web sites.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Call Center experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent dependability and time management skills.
**This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits**
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.