Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Arlington, VA or San Diego, CA.
As part of our team, you will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You’ll simultaneously get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career; motivated candidates may have an opportunity to lead tasks as well.
Regular tasks will include:
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis - using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Participate in lab-based and field testing
- Support marketing and business development initiatives
- Engage in multiple projects, interacting with Customers as well
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in radar signal processing
- Fluent with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with 6-10 years’ experience
- Task lead or team leadership experience
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields