Are you our next Laser Research Engineer who likes to design, model and build advanced state of the art lasers for DoD applications? If so, join our Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) working in our Beavercreek (Dayton), OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to build on your experience beyond what you are doing now helping the Dynamic Infrared Missile Evaluation (DIME) Facility mission at the Air Force Research Lab, Wright Patterson AFB. In this mission, you will work with a world-class team developing key technologies for infrared countermeasure (IRCM) systems. This program will be conducted in several state-of-the-art laser laboratories at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, within a team of scientists and engineers.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Develop and evaluate novel, pulsed infrared laser systems with the goal to increase laser power while also improving their stability and lifetime
- Design EO/IR-based experiments, instrumentation test plans, and measurement procedures for characterizing laser sources, and damage assessment of custom optical systems
- Perform data collection, data reduction, data analysis, data management, test documentation, and technical report writing. Frequent oral presentations to the customer is expected
- Develop computer models of lasers and optical systems for comparison of theoretical predictions with experimental results
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in optics, physics, or electrical engineering with at least 4 years of experience or a Master’s Degree in optics, physics, or electrical engineering with at least 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Practical working knowledge of laser systems, optics, and physics
- Ability to design, model, analyze, and develop test plans for optical systems
- Must be a team player with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with semiconductor fabrication, electrical engineering, and sensors
- Experience in laser laboratories and/or cleanroom facilities with a solid understanding of non-linear optics and solid-state physics
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.