The Group Procurement Director (GPD) will report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer and will be an integrated member of the Group supporting Group leadership. The GPD is responsible for all Subcontract Administration and Materials Management. (S)He will manage a team of procurement, sourcing, and supply chain professionals who will execute compliant procurement actions for the Group in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The GPD will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Accountable for all Group procurement activities to include new business capture and program execution
- Develop procurement strategies and supplier relationship plans that are inventive and cost-effective for the Group
- Lead full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs in the Group.
- Develop strategy for competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor / supplier performance
- Monitor and manage reviews of subcontractor and supplier agreements
- Ensure that purchase orders and subcontracts are appropriately reviewed and approved per the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations
- Coordinate with the Contracts organization to ensure proper flow-down of contract requirements, terms and conditions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve subcontract/supplier issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution
- Engage in captures to support proposal strategies and recommend pricing approaches in order to address Leidos’ and the customer’s expectations and objectives
- Ensure Customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements and that an appropriate slate of suppliers will be solicited for proposals
- Lead the oversight and submittal of Procurement content in proposals
- Monitor supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the Group
- Identify risks and offer mitigation solutions related to supplier solutions
- Resolve supplier performance issues in collaboration with the Group
- Advise Group Leadership on procurement issues
- Maintain an active understanding of the Group procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Manage procurement and subcontracts professionals in executing day-to-day activities. Provide training, mentorship to team with varied levels of proficiencies. Conduct performance reviews, define development actions, identify and engage with top talent in his/her team.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 12+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- 7+ years of supervising/leading teams and projects
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing subcontracts, purchase orders, agreements, and negotiation terms
- Strong knowledge of federal subcontracting and as well as a strong grasp of negotiation techniques.
- Executive presence and a strong business acumen
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Develop company policies related to subcontracting and procurement and provide guidelines for procurement staff to follow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with executives and representing functional plans and priorities to senior leaders
- Drive organizational efficiencies and savings to the business
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- Leadership role in a DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR)
- ISM CPSM, NCMA CPCM or CFCM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Ability to energize a geographically dispersed team of professionals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.