Leidos is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer for Baltimore location.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with building enterprise CI/CD architecture to support the development team’s software development, integration, test automation, security testing, and deployments. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Go-Lang/Java, Docker Containers, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Git, GitOps (Argo CD), and Jenkins with solid experience building the architectural runway to enable continuous deployments.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or PaaS technologies.
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation enterprise CI/CD architecture using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- Source Control Management (Git, Git Hooks, Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Container Orchestration and Auto-scaling (Red Hat OpenShift, AWS EKS/Kubernetes, Helm, Kustomize)
- CI/CD with GitOps (Jenkins, Docker, Argo CD / Workflow / Events / Rollouts, SonarQube, Blackduck, Checkmarx)
- Tools Integration & Pipeline Customization (Go-Lang, Java)
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: Go-Lang software development, Microservice architecture, container orchestration, security, auto-scaling & application reliability engineering, and monitoring & application performance.
- Investigate and repair defects regardless of component and support development teams’ adoption of DevOps.
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- 7+ years of experience with full lifecycle development using Go-Lang/Java
- 5+ years of enterprise level Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with building CI/CD
- 2+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- 2+ years of experience with containers, container orchestration
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Excellent experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Argo CD / Workflow / Events / Rollouts or similar), best practices and production experience working on CI/CD pipeline
- Solid experience developing pipeline customization (Go-Lang, Java) and tool integration
- Solid experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift (or other Kubernetes platforms), and Docker containers
- Experience with monitoring, scalability, application reliability tools
- Key Required Skills:
- Software development (Go-Lang or Java), Docker, OpenShift/AWS EKS/Kubernetes, GitOps (Argo CD), Jenkins, and SOA/Microservice architecture
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience with software development using modern front end technologies, API Management, relational databases, or SQL
- Preferred experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine)
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Preferred experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, CloudFormation / Terraform)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.