The GEOINT Solutions Architect (SA) has primary and multi-disciplinary skills to cost-effectively architect innovative, cloud-based GEOINT solutions for National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA) and other customers. The SA interprets customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule), establishing the overall system architecture baselines. The SA is responsible for meeting the technical requirements for the organization's overall business objectives. The SA will provide vision and technical direction to all the system areas including, for example, computer vision, machine learning, structured observation management, object-based production, exploitation of imagery / video / WAMI / GMTI and other sensor types, geographic information systems (GIS) as well as interfaces to pre-existing, emerging and new adjacent systems, and transition from currently-deployed systems.
- Assesses customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and translate into high level system objectives and requirements.
- Establishes and maintains the system baseline.
- Coordinates with IRAD teams and program teams to leverage prior experience, products and expertise
- Directly participates in IRAD design and development toward closing specific customer gaps and building discriminating technologies.
- Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal requirements to support the design and delivery of the system.
- Establishes architecture baselines and works with the engineering team to allocate requirements to all elements of the system.
- Leads the development of trade-off alternatives evaluating make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and risk using figures of merit.
- Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of concept demonstrations or experiments.
- Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative effects.
- Develops technical performance measurement objectives and produces models to track progress in meeting the performance baseline.
- Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
- Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
- Verifies conformance of the design to specification requirements and the established baseline.
- Produces engineering work products for the system under design to include: commercial software products, cloud-based APIs, pre-existing Leidos software, specifications, plans and reports.
- Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates as a whole.
- Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged.
- Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for migration from a legacy system and for co-evolving components of systems and their integration.
- Works with software engineering to develop and interpret requirements in the context of components and systems.
- Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
- Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of the system being designed.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances the engineering team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Requires a relevant technical degree, BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience.
- Expertise in software development and system integration specifically in the GEOINT domain i.e. image processing, photogrammetry, GIS, etc.
- Working knowledge of new and emerging technologies such as computer vision, machine learning, structured observation management, object based production, crowd-sourced data labeling, etc.
- Expertise in Cloud based system development and DevOps.
- Experience working with US Government specifications and standards
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
- Expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision specifically applied to overhead GEOINT data sources
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning research-level maturity software into solutions ready to be deployed and used by operational intelligence analysts.
- Prior experience working with operational intelligence analysts, giving a grounded appreciation for solutions that would be practical in a real-world environment
- Prior experience working on advanced GEOINT technologies for NGA Research, DARPA, IARPA, AFRL or others
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.