Leidos is hiring for a Senior Security Engineer to support our Defense and LiNC Groups. This position will have the unique opportunity to work across multiple programs and have exposure to multiple teams. The a Senior Security Engineer will take the lead on instituting, resolving and implementing Single Sign-on (SSO) solutions for a Windows 2016 and 2019 Active Directory environment, which includes Red Hat and CentOS on an isolated networked environment not connected to the internet.
In addition to implementing Single Sign-on in a homogenous environment, that includes Windows and Linux, the Senior Security Engineer must be comfortable in implementing certificate servers that support multi-factor authentication, using industry standard Command Access Cards (CAC) certificates. The Senior Security Engineer must also be comfortable with implementing SELinux and Linux Host Firewalls.
The Senior Security Engineer will independently design automated scripts using python, bash, and
PowerShell; author computer and network scripts; and support Docker environments.
This position will be required to be onsite but will also have ability to work from home.
- Designing, resolving and implementing complex technical solutions to security requirements in an isolated network settings that includes networks with no internet connection, perform operating system installation and provide daily system management of Linux Systems that include Red Hat and CentOS computers and servers.
- Developing, resolving and implementing Multi-Factor Authentication Solutions, along with Single-Sign-On (SSO), that include existing common access cards that support both Windows Server, Windows Workstations and Linux Operating Systems in an Isolated Network Setting.
- Designing, implementing, resolving and supporting Multi-Factor Authentication solutions in an isolated setting, with no internet connection.
- Managing computer systems in regards to daily hardware and software installation, application and operating system configuration, supporting computer user needs, managing computer system user accounts, implementing complex solutions to cyber requirements using common business practices.
- Addressing and resolving difficult cyber security requirements, resolving hardware, operating system and software issues, and supporting the daily operations associated with computer support for various types of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with 20+ years of experience; Master’s degree with 15+ years of experience; or Doctorate with 13+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret level clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Experience designing, implementing, resolving and supporting Multi-Factor Authentication solutions in an isolated setting, with no internet connection, and ability to provide a written overview of how this has been achieved.
- 2+ years of experience with utilizing Ansible in order to validate configurations and implement standard configuration with connected and disconnected users.
- 5 years advance experience with Linux support; Linux maintenance and Linux installation.
- 5 years advance experience in Windows Server Active Directory support; Windows Server Active Directory maintenance and installation.
- 5 years of experience and advance knowledge in the following:
- Manage storage devices, logical volumes, and file systems
- Manage security and system access
- Control the boot process and system services
- Boot systems into different targets manually and repair boot problems
- Interrupt the boot process in order to gain access to a system
- Identify CPU/memory intensive processes and kill processes
- Adjust process scheduling
- Locate and interpret system log files and journals
- Start, stop, and check the status of network services
- List, create, and delete partitions on MBR and GPT disks
- Create and remove physical volumes
- Assign physical volumes to volume groups
- Create and delete logical volumes
- Configure systems to mount file systems at boot by universally unique ID (UUID) or label
- Add new partitions and logical volumes, and swap to a system non-destructively
- Create, mount, unmount, and use vfat, ext4, and xfs file systems
- Mount and unmount network file systems using NFS
- Extend existing logical volumes
- Create and configure set-GID directories for collaboration
- Diagnose and correct file permission problems
- Schedule tasks using at and cron
- Start and stop services and configure services to start automatically at boot
- Configure systems to boot into a specific target automatically
- Configure time service clients
- Install and update packages from Red Hat Network, a remote repository, or from the local file system
- Modify the system bootloader
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.