The Defense Group of Leidos program is seeking a User Support Regional Lead to support efforts for NGEN-R.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position provides operational leadership to the assigned area, to include process improvement, training, vendor management, performance management, change management, new business, logistics, and Quality Management according to IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Best Practices. Under general direction, applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned region and teams.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria.
- Prepares system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Participates in special studies.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience. Relevant military experience along with certifications other training may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
- SECRET clearance (SSBI preferred)
- DoD 8570: A+ Certification or higher. (Network +, Security +, or CISSP)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Active Directory, Service Manager, Remedy, Remote Desktop, and Hardware/Software troubleshooting.
- Basic network troubleshooting (TCP IP)
- Ability to travel up to 25% including OCONUS potential travel
- NMCI experience or knowledge preferred
- Excellent customer service / customer interaction skills
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills for troubleshooting and trouble ticket handling
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to excel as an IT professional/leader
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.