Keeping sensitive law enforcement and intelligence data secure is a key mission for the FBI. We are seeking a candidate to support the FBI’s cross domain system (CDS) that facilitates secure access to sensitive data. This position is for a Deputy Task Order Lead / Chief Engineer responsible for O&M task execution. As the Deputy Task Order Lead, you will help lead a medium size, geographically dispersed team in the operations and maintenance and integration of security technologies into the customer’s cross-domain solutions enterprise environment. The candidate will be the primary task and technical interface with the O&M team geographically separated amongst the data centers and at the customer’s core engineering lab. In addition, you will support the Task Order Lead / Chief Engineer in execution of the full system development lifecycle from concept, design, development, verification, implementation, integration, and disposition. To accomplish these activities candidates will need to apply diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. The candidate will help set the technical direction for the team, and lead the day-today operations and maintenance activities of the FBI’s Cross-Domain Systems.
- Technical leadership in a Systems Integration and Operations & Maintenance environment
- Familiarity and experience in Systems Administration in a Windows/Linux environment
- Network experience with most of the following technologies:
- Cisco and Juniper Network Security, Routers, and Switches
- Cisco and F5 Networks Inc. Load Balancing
- IPv4 and IPv6 Routing Protocols and Standards
- Leadership skills executing tasks and using standard project management techniques to include AGILE methodology and standard project management
- Experience keeping the team focused on daily goals and long term objectives
- Experience actively addressing impediments such as getting support from other external teams when required
- Provide assistance to Government Task Lead (GLT) with communications (internal and external) and maintaining team focus on priorities and scope along with promoting quality practices for the team to meet goals
- Facilitating the team’s after-action reviews or retrospective and leading team improvement efforts
- Knowledge in best practices and standards such as CMMI and with Change Management (CRs, CCBs, etc)
- Experience guiding teams in developing Bills of Materials (BOM) in support of GTL projections and directed task
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience, or 7 years of directly related experience.
A qualified candidate does not need to possess any of these skills, but experience in any of these areas will be beneficial in setting the candidate apart.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one -way transfers, multi-level access solutions)
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive - Experience with various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards
- Experience with current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Experience with system audits, which may include experience conducting system audits, reviewing system audit logs, OR security audit events.
- Work experience leading developing and integrating systems and applications using most of the following technologies:
- XML SOAP / REST
- Niagra Files (NiFi)
- Elastic Search / Log Stash / Kibana (ELK)
- Java, Java Script, Python, coding
- Perl scripting
- Microsoft Power Shell scripting
- KShell, BASH, etc. scripting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.