Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is seeking a Deputy Division Director to support all phases of the EDRM and a desire to lead challenging projects for the U.S. Government. We are a fast-paced group tasked to provide innovative solutions by utilizing technologies that are defensible, efficient, and that present our customers with the knowledge they need to defend their positions. We enjoy a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of the Leidos organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to provide the best professional experience while driving the most value for Leidos.
As a Deputy Director, you will work with multidisciplinary teams across divisions to plan and deliver projects on time and within budget. This position requires a strong information management background, solid understanding of eDiscovery methodologies, excellent client and business management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and legal teams. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective business management approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of all assigned projects.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of proposal and financial strategy project documentation, including requirements, timelines, resource allocations, cost projections, and operational processes.
• Provide leadership and support for project teams
• Effectively communicate technology and financial strategies and trade-offs to senior and executive management.
• Participate in and coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews
• Assist with developing solution proposals, support business development efforts and respond to RFIs and RFPs
• Track and report on project and program budgets.
• Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
• Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and informed communications of project statuses to internal and external stakeholders. This requires the ability to effectively assess project health (i.e., time, cost, and resource statuses/impacts) and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Participate in defining and maintaining the processes and tools that allow organizational leaders to effectively manage project lifecycle and change management processes.
• Facilitate standing meetings between key project stakeholders.
• Identify and report project risks and issues.
• Serve as a key stakeholder in the management of risks and issues across projects and within teams.
• Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
• Work with internal and external information technology and security departments
What You'll Do Day to Day:
• Attend customer meetings to discuss division and project statuses and deliverables.
• Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients and teammates to service all client eDiscovery needs
• Develop, modify and implement team and client protocols, processes, workflows, essentials resources needed to progress work through the system, and tools being utilized
• Initiate work on behalf of clients by determining team leaders and team solutions for assignment
• Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
• Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
•Participate and coordinate proof of concept activities
• Maintain an understanding of e-discovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
What we are looking for:
• The ideal candidate will have over 10 (ten) years eDiscovery and business management experience with a focus on client solutions and extensive hands on experience
• Financial tracking of services rendered (by internal and external teams)
• Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both highly-technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced agile work environment
• Experience and familiarity with eDiscovery Services covering all realms of the EDRM (File to Trial)
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
• BS/BA degree (advance degrees and relevant certifications are a plus)
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.