Leidos has an on-site engineer position open on Offutt AFB, NE supporting the Air Vehicle Planning System (APS) contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of user business problems and the development of system recommendations to meet user requirements. The position requires the analysis of current and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems. Duties include coordinating with business and technology teams to ascertain system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of user acceptance, and may coordinate testing and system controls. The on-site resides day-to-day with the Government planners and will analyze current and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified application processing systems that enhance mission effectiveness.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple mission areas.
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Establish, maintain and expand strong relationships with senior government customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide technical support during routine, emergency, and USSTRATCOM exercise periods including 24-hour support as dictated by mission needs.
- Work with both the software team and the Government to ensure issues, requirements, etc. are understood by all involved and resolutions are fully coordinated prior to implementation
- Assist the Government with identifying new requirements and properly documenting software change requests (SCRs)
- Advise and assist the Government with the intricacies deploying the APS application to include permissions requirements, proper set-up of the MPAS environment, and providing deployment instructions.
- BS degree in a technical discipline and 4+ years' experience in system and software integration, test, requirements analysis and definition, software deployment and troubleshooting.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Must possess a Top-Secret clearance based on a Special Background Investigation and be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), Nuclear Command and Control (NC2) and Special Access Program (SAP) access.
- Experience with USSTRATCOM Nuclear Planning process
- Experience with the use of the Air Vehicle Planning System (APS) for mission planning
- Experience working with tools and technologies in, at a minimum, two of the following areas: software development, configuration control, testing, security, automation, containerization, orchestration, cloud services, open source technologies.
- DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.