- Participate as a member of an integrated team solving technical problems, providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of data collection hardware and software at JAD garrison and deployed environments.
- Manage production of software applications that enhance analyst ability to execute system testing, queries and data retrieval in a time-sensitive manner.
- Manage the system engineering life-cycle for multiple software and hardware data collection projects, including development, test, and implementation.
- Write and maintain source code for one or more JAD automated tools to support task and product requirements (e.g., JWinWAM, DCAAF, MIG, XDARES, TERA, DVMT).
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues regarding automated tool integration within deployed networks to satisfy unique JAD event data collection requirements.
- Interact with JAD functional peer groups and customers across multiple areas to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to automated tool operations.
- Interact with government and contractor client members external to JAD regarding automated tool training and feedback.
- Master’s/10 or Bachelor’s/12 years related experience
- Software development expertise with Java, C, and C++
- Current baseline certification meeting IAT-2 (e.g., Security+)
- Ability to complete computing environment training within 6 months of assignment (e.g., MCSA Win 10)
- Expert knowledge with tactical radios and associated military standards (Mil-Std 6016(Link 16), Mil-Std 6017(VMF) and Platform J)
- Expert knowledge with data collection in field environments
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
- Experience with developing GUIs emphasizing UX principles.
- Experience reading, writing, and integrating XML formatted data.
- Experience with developing and updating program documentation, to include flow charts and test documents
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Experience with file conversion and data transfer solutions
- Experience developing and testing solutions to software architecture problems
- Experience in data archival and recovery activities
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.