Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with experience in Shaping, Qualifying and Bidding with experience of knowing what good looks like. You must be motivated, driven and able to work to demanding deadlines, managing a bid and proposal team as well as competing stakeholder demands.
The Bid Management Leader will have primary responsibility for the transformation of our bid hub along with managing the resources across the team. They will be responsible for developing and implementing process improvements, bid materials, and resources to support Leidos in delivering robust efficiencies across our bids. It is a critical role in high quality winning bids.
- Own and deliver process improvements within the proposal lifecycle and bid process;
- Have management responsibility for the bid team, their activities and actions;
- Ensure effective governance and mandated reporting policies are adhered to;
- Maintain and Improve the Proposal Information Centre as the central repository for sales and bidding documentation across Leidos UK;
- Close down at the end of a bid, including personal performance reviews, lessons learned & harvesting of reusable collateral. (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules.);
- Develop and train the team as required, in the bid process methods to ensure understanding and adherence to the process, practices and schedules; and
- Take an active role in the production of standard bid content and knowledge management materials; and
- Work with our Marketing and Position to Win (PTW) team to maintain active competitive analytics utilises industry, subscription based and open sources.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have a detailed understanding of bid management, PTW and the proposal life cycle to include selling and bidding
- Have experience of a complex and varied bidding environment
- Be comfortable working with senior stakeholders and be able to manage complex opportunities through an internal governance process
- A proven track record of winning new work with clients, particularly in UK Public Sector;
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in the management of the Bid Management process;
- Well-versed in Leidos Win Plan or industry equivalent;
- Excellent organisation, management and communication skills;
- Strong people management with experience in managing a team;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Previous experience of leading and managing people.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.