The Leidos Systems Engineering and Integration Contract (SEIC) Program has a requirement for a software/hardware test lab Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and cloud environment Continuous Monitoring Security Specialist supporting US Air Force and US Navy Mission Planning systems development in Orlando, FL. The position requires US citizenship, a current Top Secret DoD Security Clearance, and a Security-plus CE or equivalent IAM Level I certification.
The candidate will serve in an ISSO capacity supporting the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and other ISSOs and Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) in multiple lab environments (unclassified, collateral, Special Access Program (SAP), and cloud) developing, implementing and evaluating security program compliance and risk in accordance with applicable government policies and procedures, e.g. Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the appropriate handling and transmission of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and classified material
- Ensuring compliance with information systems security policies and procedures
- Delivering security education, periodic reminder messaging, and onboarding awareness briefings
- Conducting periodic self-inspections and government compliance inspections
- Creating and routing of appointment and approval letters for roles and equipment
- Document management of plans, handbooks, and work instructions
- Ensuring appropriate visitor escort
- Developing and maintaining information system security plans and related security documentation
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Report issues that impact systems (i.e., loss of power, equipment failure, network) and coordinate restoration efforts
- Serve as a program point of contact for events impacting the facility and/or program (i.e., hurricanes, tornados, civil unrest, etc.)
- Support inventories of classified material
- Ensure compliance with sanitization/destruction processes for electronic/optical media and printed materials
- Ensure applicable documentation is maintained for accountable material
- Perform Information System Security Officer (ISSO) duties as prescribed in the JSIG
- Education: BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience directly related to security support for Industry/DoD, SAP, or Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) programs
- Familiarity with NIST 800.53, CNSSI 1253 and related RMF domain knowledge
- Must be able complete a post-hire SAP briefing to perform in this position
- Possess minimum current DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I certification (e.g.: Security+ CE) at time of hire (see https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with multiple contractors, government agencies and other mission planning stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of DoD 5205.07, Volumes 1-4, SAP Security Manual
- Familiarization with the Security Information Management Systems (SIMS) application
- Prior ISSO experience
- System Administration experience in closed lab environments
- Prior experience with maintaining Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance
- Experience with Compliance and Vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Experience with managing and/or maintaining a Continuous Monitoring program
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.