Leidos is looking for a SME InfoSec Engineer with a TS/SCI with Polygraph to support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Chantilly/Herndon, VA areas. The InfoSec Engineer is responsible for providing expertise in the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information to reduce or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems, guiding project teams’ performance across task orders and the overall program.
- Mentors and develops teams of InfoSec professionals and acts as a senior technical lead, providing direction, supporting planning and driving results consistent with the client strategy and all pertinent laws, rules and regulations.
- Supports infrastructure and enterprise-level security initiatives
- Leads design, planning, and performance of a wide variety of security related tasks with a compliance or risk based focus. Ensures alignment with client security strategy as well as regulatory and non-regulatory compliance.
- Manages and enforces security policies
- Recommends, trains and coaches end-users on proper security practices
- Conducts security and risk assessments using security frameworks (e.g., NIST, RMF, Common Criteria, etc.), mitigating risk via security controls
- Ensures privacy of data throughout its lifecycle
- Leads vulnerability management (scanning, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs. Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Briefs senior executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 17+ years of experience or a Masters +15 years of experience.
- Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Experience with the Patriot Act and enterprise-level data stores
- Experience leading and managing project teams
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Experience supporting enterprise-level cyber security initiatives
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security; Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security; Network Security Tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.