Leidos is searching for an Interactive Multi-Media Instruction (IMI) Video Game Artist at Goodfellow AFB, in San Angelo,
TX. The IMI Video Game Artist will provide technical training product design, development, integration, and delivery support,
and will develop, maintain, and revise 17 Training Group IMI at Goodfellow AFB in accordance with applicable AFIs,
AETCIs, and local supplements. Selected candidate will produce IMI that effectively delivers instruction at the level
commensurate with established Course Training Standard (CTS) and/or Specialty Training Standard (STS) task
performance, task knowledge, and subject knowledge levels. Candidate will provide 1) new course development, 2)
update support, and 3) course maintenance support to 17 Training Wing, and will develop and deliver levels 2, 3, and 4
The IMI Video Game Artist will create original artwork utilizing computer graphics software. Will develop visual graphics
and models, using state-of-the-art software programs, including Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection, SoundForge
Pro, Sony Video Vegas, and 3D software such as Unity 3D, 3DS Max, or Maya, to create, analyze, interpret, coordinate,
accomplish, and produce computer-generated and/or conventional graphics and multimedia products utilizing computer
hardware, software, and peripherals. Candidate will compile and depict data using various media, drawing instruments,
and electronic equipment. They will operate electronic, interactive, graphic design equipment, and desktop publishers in
performance of illustrating duties.
The selected candidate will employ, to the maximum extent possible, tools commonly used by Air Force developers, such
as Adobe Creative Cloud, Unity, Maya, 3D Max, and Visual Studio. Use of other tools must be approved by the ITU.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Creates, modifies, updates web-based IMI and technical inserts using client-side scripting and markup languages,
• Uses server-side scripting languages (currently PHP) to manipulate and display IMI. Constructs database queries, forms
and reports using many types of databases which may include some of the following: MySQL, SQL, MongoDB, and
• Experience with game development IDEs, such as Unity 3D, to create technical inserts, instruction, and instructional
• Collaborates with video game artists, and understands their contributing assets, to integrate 3D models into instructional
games and web inserts
• Follows project managers design documents to create, test, and document code while maintaining code integrity.
• Works with integration team to inject curriculum into various LMSs using the SCORM 1.2 (xAPI in the future).
- 12+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts (Video Game emphasis) or similar field, OR relevant software development certifications
- SME in software development/3D/video game.
- Able to provide software application and approved template training to contracted developers, as required.
- Experience with Wacom
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance (Requires US citizenship).
-TS/SCI security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.