Our Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a tecin Baltimore, MD.
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs.
- The Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications.
- Have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
- Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review)
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
- 4 years’ Experience developing Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) applications using relational databases including writing/using SQL, DB2 JDBC, and Spring data Java Persistence API (JPA)
- 4 years' Experience using Model View Controller (MVC) frameworks such as Struts 2 preferred and Spring
- 4 years' Experience developing enterprise applications using Spring Core and Spring REST API
- Experience deploying applications with Jenkins
- 4 years' Experience developing complex, asynchronous, cross-platform communication software (SOAP\REST)
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging Java code
- Experience utilizing DevOps principles such as developing automated Java unit and integration tests using TDD/BDD methodology
- Experience with Message Queuing (MQ)
- Experience or basic knowledge of Open Shift
- Experience using ORM frameworks, Hibernate
- Experience using a code repository with distributed version control via GIT
- Experience deploying applications via Jenkins
- Experience using Maven for build automation
- Splunk platform experience
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with Struts 2
- Experience with Java 1.8 or above
- Experience preparing documentation and technical requirements for computer programs using Agile tools such as Version One
- Experience using other ancillary tools such as Junit and SonarCube.
- Experience using CheckMarx
Bachelor's with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.