At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Leidos Army Intelligence information technology Environment Support (ARIES) program, which is part of the Leidos Defense group, is looking for a Cyber Security System Engineer to work at Fort Bragg, NC. The ARIES G2 Army MI Enterprise provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems as well as network administration support for an organization comprised mostly of a Microsoft Enterprise software environment residing on multiple networks.
Cyber Security System Engineer position is part of the Leidos team which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The Cyber Security System Engineer will work with IA Certifiers to obtain and maintain the JMICS Type Accreditation or “Type ATO”. Cyber Security System Engineer will work directly with JMICS Cyber team, System Architect, System Administrator, and Senior Systems Engineer to ensure any changes to the JMICS systems are done in accordance to ICD-503 and NIST 800-53v4 standards. The Engineer will monitor programs for unauthorized vulnerabilities and work with the JMICS Cyber team, System Architect, system engineer to close them. Will also work with the JMICS Cyber team to create and maintain all JMICS ATO and system security documentation. This position supports the JMICS systems at the Service Center, Fort Bragg, NC.
In this role, you will:
- Create the JMICS program’s Information Assurance documentation, polices, and procedures and ensure they are properly aligned to the standards set forth by DIA, DISA, DoD and Army Policy.
- Verify the documentation is updated as required when Policies change.
- Conduct routine risk assessments of the JMICS Program and each of the systems assigned to the program. Risk assessments include full system scans using ACAS, SCC, and Nessus, comparing system security settings to the applicable IAVA and STIG checklists as they are updated by DISA.
- Work with JMICS System Architect and System Engineer team to create, maintain, and deploy JMICS Secure Baseline images.
- Ensure the JMICS Secure Baseline is properly maintained and secured as required by DIA, DISA, DoD, and Army policy. Verify said baselines are adjusted, adapted, and upgraded to ensure that all unauthorized vulnerabilities found during the risk assessments are properly removed or mitigated to an acceptable level and to ensure the software used within the JMICS program is approved IAW the APL.
- Conduct site visits completing site level certification tests, site surveys, and risk analysis.
- Perform Research and Development to ensure all new software and hardware to be deployed to the system meets all the security and configuration requirements that governs the JMICS Program.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with up to two years of related Information Assurance/Cyber Security experience. Additional training and/or years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Specific experience with the following: Developing\maintaining IA Policy and Procedures, RMF A&A process, DISA STIGS, system vulnerability scanning software (ACAS\Nessus and SCC preferred), Securing and Configuring, Windows 10 and Server 2016, system virtualization (VMWare preferred), vulnerability management and remediation, cyber security incident response and handling, and Change Management processes.
- Active DoD 8140/8570.1-M IAT/IAM Baseline Certification IAT Level II –
- Must have Security+|CE, CompTIA Server+ or related. DoD 8570 Computing
Security clearance requirement: Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with Baseline Creation and Deployment (Sysprepping, SHB, Ghost, and virtual importing and exporting preferred.)
- Experience maintaining, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and RedHat Enterprise Linux platforms.
- Experience with any of the following: Cisco Unified Communications, Powershell Scripting, VMware vSphere 6, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) implementation, Vulnerability Scanning, Windows image creation and maintenance. Backup and restoration of virtual and physical machines, Group Policy creation, Active Directory, and/or DNS server.
- Experience maintaining Windows 10, Server 2016 platforms.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.