Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
Job Description: UX Engineer – Health Growth Solutions
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a UX Engineer to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace. This position will be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV.
You will work closely with the sales, product management, and agile development teams to develop creative solutions to support mobile and desktop web applications. You will translate abstract ideas and high level requirements into product concepts and representations for customer feedback and validation. You will work with customers to refine these concepts into viable products through rapid design iterations employing user scenarios, use cases, and workflows. You will realize product concepts in various formats and representations, such as wireframes, UI mockups, and demonstrable prototypes. You will work with the Agile development teams to further refine the UI mock-ups for implementation.
- Support creative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to mobile and desktop web applications.
- Design user interfaces, products and services that meet market needs and requirements for innovative products. This includes working closely with the sales and product management to understand the marketplace and the gaps that the product is intended to address, and to realize the design.
- Pair with sales and product management to rapidly create wireframes, full mockups and UI prototypes for new ideas, products and modules.
- Participate in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers will use our products.
- Review, assess, make recommendations on, and influence: concept design, requirements, use case/user scenario development, usability and workflow modeling for applications
- Participate in cross-functional working groups to review results, refine concepts, propose solutions, recommend best practices and oversee analyses with other team members, including usability testing and end-user feedback collection for implemented systems.
- Propose art direction and/or assist to define the visual language.
- Present design work to the engineering team, product team, executives, and customers for review and feedback.
- Contribute to UI/UX design and implementation to influence the current and future HGS applications.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, art, human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, web design, or related field)
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user centered design solutions.
- Experience designing for a variety of form factors including mobile and desktop.
- Familiarity in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Visual design abilities demonstrated through mockups.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Ability to translate abstract concepts into concrete designs.
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
- Experience using UX design tools (collaborative preferred) such Basalmiq, Axure, Figma, etc.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems.
- Understanding of a highly agile software environment.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
- Background in healthcare or e-commerce is preferable.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.