Leidos is seeking a senior Systems Engineer to support a variety of highly sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems within the surface ASW community. This position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
This position supports all systems engineering activities across the lifecycle of multiple surface ASW trainers. This position interfaces with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. Responsibilities include tailoring and executing established systems engineering practices to ensure the appropriate degree of process on each project; communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary; perform trade studies, requirements allocations and interface definitions; work with the development team to help them understand requirements and implementation; and work with the systems integration and test team for verification and validation of requirements.
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, etc.) or Computer Science
• Minimum of 12 years of experience designing and developing large, software intensive, integrated classified systems. Minimum of 4 years systems engineering experience in developing Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), or similar, systems.
• Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of ASW
• Degree and/or formal training in Systems Engineering
• Experience in project management for a software intensive system, preferably across the full life cycle
• Experience with Linux, Agile software development methodologies, and Atlassian project management tools.
• Familiarity with sensors and sensor characteristics/phenomenology
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.