The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an RHN GAIT Network Engineer. This position will support the Warfighter Readiness requirements that will serve as mid-level personnel to perform the daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT). The candidate will provide support to GAIT in day to day operations and monitoring of the Clients network equipment availability and performance, respond to alerts and trouble tickets, and perform trouble shooting tasks. Candidate will provide support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
Primary Responsibilities: The Network Engineer duties will include managing various components of the infrastructure, including wired and wireless routers, switches, Cisco Voice over IP (VOIP) components, appliance based specialty networking or system hardware, configuration of alert management systems on other managed infrastructure components such as service desk tools, and monitoring and alerting infrastructure which serves as the nexus of the GAIT incident and alter management system. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Bring an Innovative approach to the network field of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 or more years of related experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Must have 6 years of Network Engineer experience
- Experience managing a large enterprise network
- Experience including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms
- Experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP network which cover a regional to global geography
- Strong knowledge of DoD IA/RMF and IT regulations and guidance
- Strong knowledge of routing, switching, VPNs, PKI and CSfC
- Hands-on experience with McAfee products such as ESM, email and web gateway.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
- 25% Travel may be required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work and/or "On Call" may be required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.