The Valuation Team’s objective is to provide data driven analysis that directly influences leadership’s ability in making critical decisions. One of the ways they do this is by prototyping analytics that capture and generate metrics on data, that their data scientists can then use them for data analysis. They are also working on other Java analytics that would be specific in capturing different types of data beyond what the team does today. This includes data tagging, processing, visualization, and analytic development.
Provide software engineering and development support to Data Refinement's data valuation efforts. This support will include the development and enhancement of metric analytic tools that enable and facilitate analysis and aggregation of multiple data source measurements for the purpose of health & status reporting, data flow monitoring, trend analysis, business analytics, data assessments and valuation. These activities consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement software code using:
- Utilize sound software development practices to include designing, using, and creating reusable software solutions, using designated code configuration management, Linux/Unix scripting and development tools, and performing complete unit and integration testing. Utilize peers for design, code, and documentation reviews.
-Coordinate with DR data fusion teams to develop processes to measure, evaluate, present metrics, and sourcing on each reference data source.
- Assist and develop system monitoring capability for gathering information and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Automate analysis tasks or workflows as defined by leadership.
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software prototypes and/or enhancements for new processing capabilities or into existing systems ensuring compliance with NSA corporate network security requirements, as needed.
- Develop quick turn‐around capabilities in direct support of operations.
- Twelve plus ﴾12+﴿ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five ﴾5﴿ years of experience in software‐intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four ﴾﴿years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration ﴾ith both new and existing systems﴿
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general
- Experiencing designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experiencing developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event drive analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Technical writing skills and generate technical documents in support of a software development projects.
- Source Code Management ﴾e.g., Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.﴿
- Web Technology
- Machine Learning
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment
- High Performance Computing ﴾HPC﴿
- Advanced Computing
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation continues to grow in the Fort Meade, MD and surrounding areas. We have funded Prime work and are currently seeking innovators, ideators, and game changers to join our team. We are offering generous sign-on bonuses, competitive salaries, and enhanced benefit plans. To learn more please visit CONMD careers.leidos.com/CONMD
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.