Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC IV program has an opening for a Technical Trainer supporting the FAA in its Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) in Warrenton, Virginia. The incumbent will support the United States NOTAM Office (USNOF).
Positions responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing SME guidance to USNOF ATCS with regard to policy, regulations, training, etc. at the Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC)
- Maintaining and implementing (upon approval) updated Training Program plans relevant to both "Refresher" type training and Initial Training for the USNOF ATCS
- Compiling NFDC data and make necessary updates to the USNS on the 28day publication cycle
- Initiating Quality Control Reports as part of the Quality Assurance Program Internal Evaluation process
- Providing assistance with planning and implementing both a Preliminary Plan and Final Plan for a NOTAM entry solution for Service Delivery Modernization. Both plans will include details about equipment, communications, personnel, training and quality assurance
- Attending meetings as required providing SME support; i.e.; FNS Strike Team, NOTAM Modernization, Monthly NOTAM Stakeholder
- Assessing NOTAM policy criteria, coordinate with NOTAM Governance, and provide recommendations regarding automated NOTAM creation tools
- Reviewing and updates FAA and ICAO documents on a recurring basis to ensure USNOF compliance
- Analyzing NOTAM data, conducts NOTAM related research and completes NOTAM projects
- Updating internal and external web sites
- Ensure that external as well as internal stakeholders receive all necessary information as it pertains to USNOF
- Support management appointed work groups, craft high-level presentations and correspondence
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate with customers on program related correspondence, upon FAA approval
- Design and prepare briefings and special presentations, and prepare customized or special graphics, reports, charts, and media to enhance the effectiveness of communications regarding the customer’s mission for FAA approval
- The USNOF Contractor will assist with the USNOF Communication Outreach with updating the communications plan.
- Assist in communicating the objectives and status of the initiative through fact sheets, safety messages and team blast
- Coordinate with NOTAM Governance to ensure that external as well as internal stakeholders receive all necessary information as it pertains to USNOF complies with NOTAM Policy
A degree in an Aeronautics, Aviation, or Air Traffic Control career field and 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Previous experience with FAA or DoD terminal instrument procedures (TERPS).
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in any of the following:
Airspace and Procedures background (Instrument Flight Procedures)
Air Traffic Control Experience (FAA, Contractor or Military)
Commercial Instrument Rated Pilot (Military or Civilian)
Certified Instrument Flight Instructor.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.