Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC IV program has an opening for an Aeronautical Information Specialist supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in its Silver Spring, MD location. The Aeronautical Information Service is the FAA's civil aviation authority providing the foundations for flight in the National Airspace System.
Positions responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the United States NOTAM Governance Team. The Governance Team provides policy and guidance to ensure NOTAMs are issued in accordance with NOTAM Policy.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on domestic and international NOTAMs and Policy. Support the planning, development, and execution of NOTAM Governance strategic plans
- Support the Team Manager with the Interagency Group on International Aviation (IGIA) activities and ICAO Panel and Study Group activities
- Conduct reviews and provides technical expertise on ICAO Headquarters and ICAO Regional papers, Job Cards, and U.S. delegation produced papers, U.S. working papers, U.S. position papers, and U.S. Member panel reports
- Support FAA ICAO Information Management Panel (IMP) and conference coordination meetings and travels on occasion to serve as NOTAM SME
- Submit weekly activity reports to ATO management as directed by the FAA to support the US NOTAM Governance Team Activities
- Provide support to FAA management for publication and update of the FAA’s Notices to Airmen order FAAO 7930.2, including GENOTS and DCPs
- Support the NOTAM Modernization efforts within the FAA to develop program plan and achieve program objectives. Coordinate with FAA FOIA focal point to finalize report
- Attend FAA meetings as required providing SME, for example: AIM Operational Weekly Meetings, Monthly NOTAM Stakeholder, Alaska NOTAMs Stakeholder, National Customer Forum
- Participate as FAA team member on visits to Airline Operations Centers (AOC) to obtain feedback and assess NOTAM effectiveness of policy criteria
A degree in an Aeronautics, Aviation, or Air Traffic Control career field and 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Previous experience with FAA or DoD terminal instrument procedures (TERPS).
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in any of the following:
Airspace and Procedures background (Instrument Flight Procedures)
Air Traffic Control Experience (FAA, Contractor or Military)
Commercial Instrument Rated Pilot (Military or Civilian)
Certified Instrument Flight Instructor.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.