Leidos is excited about our continued work with a Federal law enforcement agency. We are seeking a .NET Developer to work as a Subject Matter Expert in Fairfax VA, to support the development as well as operations and maintenance of an array of DoJ applications being migrated from their current platform (Java, Coldfusion) into the .NET / C# framework. In addition to the core .Net technical skills candidates must be familiar with current technology trends such as SecDevOps, Containerization, Microservice architecture, cloud technologies and agile development. Further successful candidates should feel comfortable working on both Linux and Windows development environments. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as documentation skills and perform with minimal supervision.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interface with team leads, project managers and customers to solicit and document development requirements.
- Develop effective prototypes using industry standard software, creating functional wireframes and operational mockup screens.
- Develop and unit test user interface components using test driven development principals.
- Work on organizing components into epics, user stories and tasks with the ability to deliver independent small modules.
- Review and recommend best practices in design development and implementation.
- Maintain deliverable schedules.
- Generate operations and system design documentation.
- Generate weekly status reports.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field form and accredited university.
- 12+ years of experience
- ASP .NET, C#
- MVC 4 or greater
- Package managers such as NPM, NuGet
- Visual Studio 2015 or higher / Visual Studio code
- Testing frameworks such as NUnit, XUnit
- SOLID and Object Oriented design
- Database Integration
- Experience with Source control TFS and/or Git
- Experience with HTML/CSS design.
- Ability to work with version control systems such as MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Git.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with government as a federal IT contractor
Candidates must possess an active secret clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.