Leidos is looking for an Expert Cyber Security Engineer with a TS/SCI with Polygraph to support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Herndon/Chantilly, VA area. The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for IT security/vulnerability assessments and for managing overall network security through the use of network and security-related hardware and software.
- Supports infrastructure and enterprise level security initiatives
- Provides IT security engineering, integration services and solutions, including malicious code detection, intrusion detection, and cyber security tool development and integration
- Investigates computer and information security incidents
- Conducts network vulnerability assessments and network traffic analysis
- Configures and validates secure systems
- Conducts firewall configuration/maintenance
- Translates requirements into network security solutions
- Plans, implements, and maintains network-related products such as routers, switches, VPNs, and firewalls
- Optimizes, audits, and troubleshoots network security-related products/tools
- Collects and analyzes intelligence to correlate adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Conducts computer forensic network and host analysis and intrusion and threat hunting support
- Performs penetration tests to evaluate system security, maintaining proficiency in operation tools, creating countermeasures, and identifying trends in adversary behaviors and vulnerabilities.
- Specific infrastructure support duties include but are not limited to; device scanning (device discovery, Operating System (OS) fingerprinting, service scanning), and passive (non-intrusive) scanning, configuration, testing, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure hardware and software.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 12+ years of experience or a Masters +10 years of experience.
- Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- 3 years of experience with cyber tools and processes
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 8 years of experience with cyber security initiatives
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Certifications: CompTIA Network+; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security; Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security; Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security; Network Security Tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.