The Government Health and Safety Solutions (GHSS) Operations is looking for a technically savvy, passionate and trained communications writer, for the role of Proposal/Technical Writer is to interpret customer requirements and work with SMEs to write clear, concise, and compelling marketing and proposal documentation to support its growth plans. The GHSS Operation provides solutions to protect, promote and advance the health, safety and well-being of citizens through innovative systems integration, IT, science and clinical expertise. GHSS serves Federal and public health agencies including CMS, NIH, CDC, FDA, HRSA, IHS and SSA.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects, subject matter experts, and program leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy through the use of proper tone/voice. Writing assignments may include white papers, RFI responses, proposal technical content and solutions, past performance, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for on-contract growth or new business pursuits.
The candidate must be able to work well within a team and be comfortable in a very fluid and fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables and plans. This position includes working with customers, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other partners and contractors. A customer service mindset and approach are critical.
- Conceive, write, edit and proofread communications including, technical documents, presentations and customer-specific marketing materials
- Digital, print and physical mediums include but are not limited to: presentations, signage, posters and banners, email broadcasts and announcements, intranet and web materials, newsletters, diagrams, executive summaries, one pagers, white papers, reports, proposal content;
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and management ensuring that final documents;
- Communicate with document authors during the writing and editing process and work with technical staff to research and review documentation;
- Consult with relevant information sources, including research, technical documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information,
- Provide editing and proofreading through all stages of communications;
- Advance communication processes, guidelines and standard procedures including document management, review and approval processes and quality control
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert Level Technical writer with business development and competitive proposal experience.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Business development and competitive proposal writing experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.