Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer with a TS/SCI polygraph to support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Herndon/Chantilly, VA area. The Software Engineer may support existing, new or emerging capabilities, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). The Senior Software Engineer will work on a team of developers to help plan and develop complex solutions and algorithms that support the enterprise.
- Conducts software requirements analysis, software product and tool development, and development and maintenance of infrastructure and platforms.
- Supports the development of information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Maintains familiarity in disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
- Analyzes user interfaces, maintains hardware and software performance tuning, analyzes workload and computer usage, maintains interfaces with outside systems, analyzes down times, analyzes proposed system modifications, and upgrades COTS.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
- Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
- Determines hardware compatibility.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 4 years of experience or Masters +2 years of experience. Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Experience with DECDEVOPS development practices
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Proficient with a wide variety of software development languages and algorithm methodologies
- Expertise in disciplines such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Expertise using SECDEVOPS, JIRA and Confluence.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.