Leidos is looking for a Network Architect SME with a TS/SCI with Polygraph to support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Herndon/Chantilly, VA area. The Network Architect SME is responsible for designing and promoting the implementation of new network architecture and communication systems.
- Provides specifications for network architecture with extensive knowledge of network communications, design, architecture, security controls and configuration.
- Understand existing networks and provide recommendations on connectivity, improvements and otherwise be capable of identifying new capabilities that can be leveraged across task orders
- Provide network engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday network operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities
- Perform detailed maintenance and troubleshooting using a thorough grasp of network architecture, networking hardware, protocols and routing and switching.
- Performs network engineering oversight
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies to enhance current capabilities
- Performs needs assessments
- Develops technology road maps
- Conducts network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 17 years of experience or Masters +15 years of experience or Doctorate +13 years of experience.
- Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering or related discipline.
- PMP and/or MBA
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching, CCNP Data Center, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing & Switching, CCIE Data Center, Amazon Web Service (AWS) Solutions Architect
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.