Leidos currently has an opening on the ‘Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-Compete Service Management, Integration and Transport’ (NGEN-R SMIT) Contract for a BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Lead Engineer position.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program: NGEN-R SMIT. Under the NGEN-R SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position requires Engineering, SME expertise, Management/Supervisory skills and extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls and configuration.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate professionalism, knowledge and experience of Network Operations, Security Operations, Design and Integration, Technical Management and Supervisory skills, as well as the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment.
The Transport Services BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Lead Engineer reports directly to the Service Delivery Manager for Transport Services, but also provides support to the Engineering Team and the Domain Architects on the Program.
Potential work locations for the position include:
San Diego, CA
What You'll Get to Do (Job duties)
- BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Lead Engineer and thought leader for the largest Intranet in the world. The BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Team is responsible for Tier III support, network design, integration and test, security, and network support to the as-fielded NMCI network.
- Performs contract transition tasks, some requiring travel, during contract startup and transition to execution. Additional travel may be required during Contract Transition period.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to Tier III Ops-Engineering Team for BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N systems and subsystems.
- Provides expert SME knowledge of network engineering and operations knowledge, skills to support day-to-day Tier III escalations, network design/engineering and integration, test and evaluation activities.
- Directs BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Engineering activities with expert-level knowledge, precision, and skill, but listens attentively to the team, values opinions and considers other perspectives.
- Works with the BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N Domain Architect to define and continuously improve:
- STIG compliant configuration baselines, versioning, and compliance tracking
- Automation and best practice insertion opportunities
- Development of SOPs/TTPs
- Continuous Service Improvements (CSI)
- Identifies and coordinates activities to:
- Perform network analyses to identify and correct deficiencies; improving End-User experience.
- Test or work closely with Testing Teams for upgrades, patches, feature enhancements and changes for Operational Assurance prior to change execution
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, Network HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
- Works directly with the NOC Operations Manager and NOC Lead for Tier III Operations Support activities, such as Service Response and Restoral; supports Service Response/Restoration Teams (SRTs)
- Directs/Coordinates BAN/LAN/WLAN network upgrades and maintenance activities with the NMCI Operations Manager, NOC Lead, Release Management team and other key stakeholders.
- Directs and supports network design reviews focused on BAN/LAN/WLAN/OOB-N and cybersecurity requirements/security controls.
- Participates in Problem Management activities to conduct root cause analysis and provide recommendations on corrective actions.
- In collaboration with Operations leadership, review Government Directed Actions (GDAs) for possible impact to network performance.
- Manage and supervise one or more Direct Reports.
You'll Bring These Qualifications (Required)
- Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or comparable experience with an additional 12 years of overall related networking experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the Hiring Manager's discretion.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% including OCONUS potential travel
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and ability to attain a TS
- Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification required prior to onboarding: CompTIA Security+ CE, Cisco CCNA Security, ISC2 SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, or CYSA+ (See DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 for valid certifications)
- An Associate level Network Vendor Certification is required prior to onboarding (from one of the following Vendors): Cisco, Juniper, Commscope/Ruckus/Brocade, F5 Networks or Aruba Networks.
- Willingness to work or be called in to work during off-hours to meet customer mission support requirements
- 8+ years’ experience engineering and troubleshooting military networks, including extensive routing and switching experience with MPLS, VPNs, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLANs, LLDP, VOIP, and Multicast protocols and technologies
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently or to lead a team in resolving technical issues in a dynamic environment
- Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework and best practices
- Expert knowledge of industry standard networking standards/hardware/software including, but not limited to: Cisco IOS, Juniper OS, Commscope/Ruckus OS, and Firewalls including McAfee, Palo Alto, Juniper, Network Management Tools
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have (Preferred)
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired.
- Experience with Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) identity management solution
- Advanced/Professional level vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto)
- Demonstrated NET/SEC DevOps experience
- IAT Level III Certification (i.e. CISSP)
- ITIL v3/v4 certification/training
- Agile certifications or applicable experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.