Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
· Hold Baggage
· Ports & Borders
· General Automation
Leidos has an opportunity for a Compliance Engineer in the Tewksbury, MA area. This individual would be responsible for the design of EMI/EMC compliance testing methodologies, test set-up, and supervision of their construction and checkout. In addition, job duties and expected understanding of the following are vital to this role:
- Understanding of FCC and European regulatory requirements for industrial system and Radio Equipment Directive (RED)
- Understanding of UL 61010-1, UL 62368-1, and NEC code
- Understanding of EMC standards for unintentional and intentional transmitters such as CISPR11 and CISPR 35
- Support and provide technical coordination of the successful execution of EMI/EMC development and certification testing
- Lead the development, review, and/or audit/assessment of safety of products compliance to standards in functional safety and related fields, including ISO 13849 and other similar standards relevant to systems and software engineering
- Technical writing of validation documents (Risk Assessment, Validation Plans, Functional Requirements, Validation Summary Reports)
- Compose TCF (Technical Construction File) and maintain TCF
- Participate in and approve mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure Product Safety, EMC/EMI and RF mitigations are properly implemented during the design phase
- Hands-on participation in test compliance of designs during development (pre-compliance testing)
- Conduct root cause determinations and corrective design action for any failures
- Communicated with internal team members across multiple areas as necessary
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar field) with 4-8 yrs prior relative experience or a MS in Electrical Engineering (or similar field) with 2-6 yrs prior relative experience
- 1-2 year experience with the development of X-ray systems or 2-4 years analytical (measurement) systems preferred.
**Must be willing to travel when needed, 10-20% travel
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.