Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your software development and python skills to state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a Software Developer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
- Develop algorithm and software interfaces using Python
- Create, edit, and review software to identify and manipulate data in large data sets
- Utilize an understanding of physics and kinematics to develop software solutions
- Develop algorithms for near-real time assessment
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- US citizenship
- Proficient in Linux virtualization and containerization
- Familiarity with Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, Jenkins
- Baseline understanding of kinematics and physics
- Strong communication skills,
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Active SECRET clearance is desired, with an ability to obtain an TS//SCI clearance
- Experience in software development, 2+ years’ preferred
- Experience manipulating large data sets
- Application deployment experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.