Leidos is seeking a proven DoD DevSecOps Lead Engineer with strong systems, software, and Agile DevSecOps experience to lead a complex program to provide DevSecOps services for a critical customer in the National Capital Region (NCR), Tampa, FL, or Fayetteville, NC area. The DevSecOps Lead Engineer will lead multiple disparate agile systems development teams and should have experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Sciences, as well as utilizing SAFe in implementing Agile at the Enterprise level in order to make the Command’s data (operational and intelligence) accessible, usable, and insightful.
Duties and Responsibilities will include: Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Applies coding and testing standards, security testing tools (including ‘fuzzing’ static-analysis code scanning tools), threat modeling, and conducts code reviews. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure the desired information is produced and instructions are correct. Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration. Identify common coding flaws. Identify security issues around steady state operation and management of software.
The DevSecOps professional should be well-versed in at least one of the programming languages like Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Perl so as to collaborate competently with other teams within the organization. They must also possess knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and how to implement developer tools such as GitHub and Dependency management.
Perform secure programming and identify potential flaws in code to mitigate vulnerabilities. Apply comprehensive knowledge of Information Security issues to include; but not limited to, cloud technology, user applications, internet servers, and web-enabled database applications.
Recognize security implications in the software acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing. Familiar with security testing as required for new or updated applications, with at least 5 years of hands on experience in implementing/maintaining security in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Organize and oversee all technical activities necessary to perform the program to meet customer requirements.
- Plan and implement critical actions by the Agile teams to meet quality requirements for program deliverables.
- Direct Agile team personnel, manage to cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as a customer technical interface.
- Adjust resource estimation, tracking progress and planning/re-planning based on realities of the team velocity and potential changes in product owner priorities.
- Use resource estimates based on point-based systems and track progress via Agile metrics.
- Communicate daily with government customers to brief during stand-ups, gather and clarify requirements, and troubleshoot issues.
- Inspire, lead, direct and manage multiple Agile teams in support of a diverse set of Government customers and unique mission specific operations.
- Minimum BA/BS and 12+ years of relevant professional and management experience, or Masters with 10+ years of relevant professional and management experience in Information Technology Systems focused on highly visible systems development projects, DevSecOps, AI/ML, and technical architecture specifically.
- Possess strong DoD mission system architecture & design experience including at least three (3) to five (5) years of experience deploying production enterprise applications in AWS GCP, Azure, and cloud applications that use AI/ML.
- Experience in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application development, deployment, and solutions architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in complex cloud infrastructures utilizing micro-services and applications to enable security, authentication, access control, collaboration, customization, and data flow in an elastic and scalable manner.
- Extensive expertise in Agile and DevSecOps approaches, and experience using many of the tools common to a Development/Test Tool Suite, including open source tools, implemention automation, XaaS or XaC (X as Code), deployment/release using automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, and others.
- Expertise in the full SW Dev Life Cycle, SW Engineering, Documentation/Portals eg Confluence, Redmine, automated test environments, and kubernetes, containers.
- Demonstrated customer demonstrations/presentations, and able to speak and explain gathered and codified customer requirements.
- Demonstrated Change Management and Change Management Board Experience.
- Certifications by Cloud, Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a Polygraph
- Experience leading and managing large Agile teams within the Department of Defense, and preferably USSOCOM
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumProfessional (CSP), or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.