Leidos has an opening for a Senior Program Manager in the Edgewood, MD area to lead/manage the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) Systemization, Operations and Closure Support (SOCS) program. The successful candidate will lead/manage the ACWA SOCS program in planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of program goals and objectives. Duties include ensuring the program run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
The Program Manager in responsible for development and monitoring of deliverables, communication with technical staff, management of customer, stakeholder and employee issues and problem areas, assure contract compliance and customer satisfaction. The Program Manager will evaluate staff performance and leading continuous performance improvement.
Implement Leidos processes and procedures to ensure the highest level of support and quality of deliverables. Effectively communicate with senior level customers (ACWA), Leidos executive leadership and direct reports. Assure assigned personnel understand the ACWA SOCS contract requirements, mission objectives and challenges. Manage assigned Leidos and subcontract staff in their execution of PWS requirements and customer support. Influence development of solutions that impact Leidos and customer strategic goals. Recommend and implements new solutions and solve complex problems that drive program success. Responsible for coaching, reviewing and delegating work to team members.
- Lead team in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the program. Hold budget accountability.
- Solves difficult and complex problems and issues that require information gathering and analysis to understand the problem with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicates with stakeholders within and outside of business area, which includes external stakeholders.
- Influence policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages a large team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Holds hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority, in accordance with manager review and approval.
- Bachelor Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified (Seven years’ experience will be accepted in lieu of PMP).
- 5 years’ contract/task management experience with similar tasks on Government contracts (value > $5M).
- Experience working with customers, specificity Contacting Officers Representatives (COR’s) and Contract Officers.
- Ability to create a completing basis of estimate.
- Ability to provide process improvement recommendations and implement.
- Ability to travel 25% with short notice.
Demonstrated ability to create partnerships with stakeholders and key functional area leads.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.