The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Structual/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-2C15H). This position will be remote 100% until COVID 19 is over then 75% in AGL Chicago Office and 25% telework.
The Engineer shall provide technical support to the Infrastructure Engineering Center, AJW-2C15H, for accomplishment of project engineering packages:
- Develop site specific project plans and specifications for solicitation and contracting of engineering projects for FAA approval and acceptance.
- Perform site surveys to collect site-specific project data and research all (state, local, federal, etc.) construction codes, ordinances, design/review shelter construction.
- Prepare summary trip reports within two working days of trip completion.
- Compile complete project documents as follows: Scope of work and project transmittal. Drawing and specification lists. Operational Risk Management checklists. Furnish information required for the preparation of Purchase Requests (PR) by the SSC for assigned projects. Furnish information required for the preparation of NAS Change Proposals (NCP) by the SSC for assigned projects. List of Government furnished properties. Prepare Airspace case documents. Assessment of engineering impacts on Environmental & Safety Compliance Program Project checklists. Drawings and specifications. Engineering cost estimate for project plans per FAA Standard/guidelines. Estimated completion time and project schedule.
- Provide technical engineering support for all phases of assigned new construction and renovation projects (i.e. evaluate shop drawings, design proposals, and interpret the technical requirements for adherence to contract documents).
- Participate in Joint Acceptance Inspections (JAI) and Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) on all assigned projects and provide recommended resolutions on all items relating to engineering.
- Perform engineering studies for feasibility and cost versus benefit.
- Provide technical input to the Government Technical Interpreter in actions to plan, budget, program, and coordinate the development of engineering projects.
- Develop project drawings in accordance with the FAA Standard/guidelines.
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer with Structural Design and experience in shelter/roof refurbishment, tall towers such as communication tower structures. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Ability to gain or prior knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work or strong knowledge or experience with electronic systems, tall towers, shelter design, HVAC, power and general construction experience and/or construction techniques.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Primavera software in developing schedules, resource needs, etc, such as the FAA Corporate Work Plan (CWP).
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.