The DHS Core Data Requirements program provides for all the telecommunications needs for DHS Headquarters and includes HQ, ICE, CISA, and S&T. This includes Wide Area Network circuits, Metropolitan Area Network circuits, and Local Area Networks as well as associated edge equipment. The main DHS telecom network, currently known as OneNet, will be subsumed by this new award under the new GSA EIS IDIQ. The work is comprised of providing 24x7x365 monitoring of the DHS LAN-A environment, all LAN-A engineering/modernization and Operations and Sustainment work within the DC Metro area. Generally all of the work will be at Government locations.
Leidos will be providing the engineering and O&M for DHS’ primary Local Area Network (LAN). This primary network is referred to as A-LAN, which is the DHS primary Sensitive But Unclassified network. Besides A-LAN, there are two additional distinct network environments, HSDN (Classified Secret Network) and C-LAN (Classified TS/SCI network). The program will also include a multi-year network modernization, which over the life of the program will incrementally improve network availability, resiliency and bandwidth.
- Leidos will be providing support to multiple DHS, ICE, CISA, and S&T locations in the Washington, DC; Arlington, VA; and Alexandria, VA areas
- Additional locations most likely will be added during the life of the contract
- There may be requirements to provide some support from Oakton, VA
- Position 0-Tier 1 Computer Analyst, Level 0/1 Monitoring: This role performs remote monitoring and administration of network equipment within the LAN, MAN and WAN using customer provided tools. This includes the initial notification and event investigation of the network alerts, and as needed, remote remediation and restoration of services related to the network alert.
- The role also provides touch labor on both network equipment and cabling on an as directed basis, and support other teams, such as the WAN service providers, to support the diagnosis and resolution of the services related to the network alert.
- This role will work with other teams to support the diagnosis and resolution of services, such as web and applications, transported over the network.
- Successful candidate must be able to obtain a DHS EOD (Entry on Duty) clearance and work both at a central monitoring location and travel to multiple government locations in the metro DC area.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience, additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- 2 – 3 years of network operations experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Ability to work day or swing shift Monday – Sunday with no more than 40 weekly hours.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint)
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A current TS-SCI clearance or ability to obtain one
- In-depth knowledge of the DHS LAN-A environment and associate contract services.
Familiarity with system monitoring and management applications such as SolarWinds and ServiceNow
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.