Leidos CIO is looking for an experienced and motivated Systems Engineer to join our growing Systems & Solution Engineering team. In this role, you will partner with project teams and the wider CIO teams to guide, mentor, and grow our Systems Engineering practice and processes. You will help the teams to tailor our standard processes to their projects to improve the quality and affordability of delivered solutions. You should have prior experience in the role of a System Engineer on medium sized projects using both traditional and agile project methodologies. Ideally, we're looking for someone to support this role from our locations in Orlando - FL or Reston - VA, but this position is also open to 100% telecommuting
- Responsible for executing systems engineering activities for projects as requested. This includes: Life-Cycle Cost Analysis, Technical Decision Making and Trade Studies, Risk Management, System Integration, Verification & Validation, System Design & Architecture, Requirements Concept and System Definition, Technical Planning and Management.
- Assist in developing the CONOPS and Tailored Process Baseline (TPB) for projects.
- Mentor engineers on specific System Engineering disciplines and artifacts and encourages the development of a System Engineering mindset.
- Recommend projects that should have a dedicated Systems Engineer.
- Advise leadership on projects that deviate from approved SE best practices (in accordance with the TPB).
- Work with the wider Systems & Solution Engineering (SSE) and Strategy, Architecture & Engineering (SAE) team to define and tailor the System Engineering process for CIO projects and teams and for various multiple development methodologies including SAFe Agile.
- Provide a process bridge between System Engineering and the Program Management Office (for the PLC).
- Help define the Process Tailoring Methodology that results in a tailored process baseline (TPB) for each program/project.
- Work to identify the engineering artifacts required by the TPB.
- Collaborate with System Engineering TCC, SECoP and Leidos EngineeringEdge teams.
- Plan and conduct Artifact and Process Reviews if Requested.
- Conduct Lunch-and-learn Training on Systems Engineering Best Practice Processes & Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Has been the System Engineering lead for complex medium sized projects, or team lead for a major segment of a large project.
- Comprehensive understanding of System Engineering principles, practices and lifecycles; detailed understanding of most System Engineering competency areas.
- Hands-on experience working with internal or external customers.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills to address project needs, risk and issues
- Ability to influence and build team consensus to achieve on project and organizational goals
- Must be capable of effectively planning and prioritizing tasking and communicating clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain security clearance.
- Systems Engineering discipline (INCOSE)
- Agile Methodology & Framework Knowledge (ie. Scrum, SAFe) having acted as a member of an agile team.
- Project Management discipline (PMP).
- Model based systems engineering (MBSE) experience.
- Experience coaching product delivery teams
- Experience in metrics-based continual process improvement
- Experience with Leidos EngineeringEdge a plus.
- Familiarity with Lean Systems Engineering principles and practices
- Experience with one or more of the following: technical documentation development; Test Driven Development (TDD) experience; CAMEO.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.